So you haven’t painted the exterior of your home in over 7 years. It’s time to start researching Honolulu painting companies to put a protective coat of fresh paint on the exterior. How do you decide which Honolulu house painter is best for your project?
- What time of year would you like to have your house exterior painted? Honolulu has a lot of rain ad wind during the winter.
- How will the timing impact your home and work schedule? Are your kids in school during this period? Can you be available when needed during the house painting?
- Is your home in a homeowners association? If so, make sure you check in with the association about rules you must follow in your new exterior painting job. Failure to do so could lead to problems later!
- Research which Honolulu exterior painting companies would do the best job. The painting company you pick needs to have a license and insurance.
- Ask your friends which painting company in Honolulu they like and why. In Hawaii we use the ‘coconut wireless’ to talk to friends about choices we make.
- Interview several Honolulu painting companies. Take the time to talk to several companies to get details on how they work and how good they are at getting back to you.
- Get estimates for the exterior painting project from at least 3 house painters. The only way you’ll know if you’re getting a good deal is to know what the market price is.
HERE IS A SAMPLE WEBPAGE OF WHAT A HONOLULU PAINTING COMPANY’S INFO MIGHT LOOK LIKE.
Here is an article by Forbes about hiring a painting contractor.